The Canterbury Touch Association was founded in 1983 and became an Incorporated Society on September the 11th 1984. The name of the association was changed to Touch Canterbury Incorporated in 1998. From the first season of the seven aside game in Christchurch when eight teams took up the game at two clubs. High school Old Boys and Marist, the sport has grown at a rate which has been unsurpassed in the history of New Zealand sport.
Last season, just on 1000 Adult, 250 Junior and 150 Secondary School teams were members of the association with National and Provincial trends indicating that these numbers are growing again after a short period of consolidation.
Roll of Honour
The following Roll has been compiled over a long period of time and although every care has been taken we accept that there maybe errors or omissions. Please contact us on 03 323 6102 or email email@example.com with any amendments.
We acknowledge of the efforts of Sandie Kilday and Bernie Schrader in compiling a lot of the data